"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give hope and a future..." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tool #10

I have used an iTouch at school. Some of the apps I looked through were ABA flashcards, ABC pocket phonics, Math drills lite, Shape builder lite, and lots more. My class loved using them. We used the application for sight word flash cards, classifying farm sounds, and a matching game also. We also used it to review letter sounds and numbers. My students also liked looking at a weather application we had on the iTouches. It is amazing how a 5 year old has no fear and can manage and use an iTouch with little instruction. They so freely explore. It is awesome to see. I can not wait to have ours in the classroom this coming year. I am going to ouse it as a literacy center and hopefully the students could learn a how to use a new application each week or so. They are going to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment